So, with it being April 11 today, and receiving this beautiful new blanket of snow, I thought I would share with you 11 reasons why I have converted and am now one of those who likes an April snowfall. Please consider the following:
1. Enjoying a nice walk outside without turning into a human icicle
2. Tulips and crocuses that will not be bullied around by snow
4. It quiets down all that Global Warming talk. Not that I don't believe it, but it scares the double toothpick sticks out of me.
5. Generally heavier than your average snow, this stuff makes good snowballs and snowmen
8. Having learned my lesson in February, I did not get in the right turn lane prematurely even though traffic was backed up for miles...but I saw a lot of other people doing it, and getting away with it I might add. Not this reformed driver.
9. Bodies of water develop a thin and intricately designed layer of slushy ice and when the Canadian geese, who got the memo from Puxtawaney Phil and made their way south, paddle through it, they leave lovely trails and patterns for us to admire, and
10. Remember the band "April Wine"? Exactly, and not to worry
11. It will be gone in a couple of days.
If you are not yet convinced and are feeling short-changed by this weather, you could try a suggestion I read in the paper. Put on a tropical shirt, some shorts, turn up the heat, mix up a picture of Margueritas, turn on Jimmy Buffet or some reggae and make a shrimp cocktail. Spring will be here before you know it!